Sunday, May 4, 2008

Iron Man! Simply awesome CG work


We watched Iron Man this week. What can I say, the CG work is amazing! The story of the movie isn't as exciting as I would've liked it to be. Personally, I just didn't get to see enough of Iron Man's action sequences. But I guess this being the first part, the circumstances leading to the origin of the character takes up most part of the movie as is the case with most Super-hero movies. However, the movie ended on a great note and future releases have so much potential for some really cool scripts. I loved the way they showed Stark's Computer UIs in his personal lab and of course the over all action sequences. The movie has been sprinkled with a healthy dose of humor and yet it captivates the essence of Stark's character without making him look like a comedian.

On another note, we had a Live Q&A session with Jay Epperhart last week to check if our cameras were working correctly for the upcoming Q&As with our mentors. So far, I have attended two sessions with Jay, and they are so informative and so much fun. We get to ask him all kinds of questions, some really silly ones too and he is nice enough to patiently answer each one of them. Thanks for being such a sport Jay :)

My first Q&A with my mentor, Aja Bogdanoff is scheduled for Tuesday and I am so looking forward to it. I will be posting the details on how it went, so stay tuned guys!

No comments: