Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Let the Training begin!

We are finally in week 6 and AM opened up some more links for us. We now have access to Training videos, Lectures and Assignments. For the Maya Springboard Workshop, we don't have any pre-recorded lectures yet. Our mentor will be teaching us online in the live Q&A sessions. We have our first one scheduled for Today! Yippeeee!! The wait is finally over.

There has been some confusion regarding the assignments so far. Some of us believe that we are to submit the first assignment (mainly on Translation, Scaling and Rotation) before our first Q&A. Now, since the training videos do cover these concepts, I decided to do mine and have uploaded it already! I am so proud of myself :)

To be honest I found this first assignment so easy only because I had already completed the first chapter of Learning Maya 8 - Foundation! I'd recommend this book to anyone who is starting out with Maya. With it's innumerable tools and functions, working on Maya can get a little over-whelming, especially if you are a beginner. So go ahead guys, buy yourself a copy of this book and get down to learning Maya. I'll keep you posted on how my first Q&A went so keep watching this space for more information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madhur... wish I had a better way to get in touch with you. I saw your profile on Linkedin. I'm a headhunter in Atlanta looking for a great SAP team lead in Memphis. Any interest? Hopefully I'll hear from you at ryan@lanta.com. Thanks! -Ryan