Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We had our 1st Q&A session

Yesterday we had our first Q&A session with Aja. It was so much fun to meet everyone from my group. We had a 75 minute class (that's 15 minutes over the limit) but personally I could have gone on for another couple of hours. We started off with intros and as is always the case, Aja was struggling to pronounce my name. So much so that she completely forgot to to cam me. But that was hilarious and she was so embarrassed when I reminded her :D Sorry Aja, but I just had to mention this... LOL! I must admit that I am not really very good at speaking in front of a group of people whose reaction I couldn't even see. So no doubt, I was a little nervous when she cammed me. I am sure I am the biggest dork in my group and they all will agree :D

Over all, the session was great. We went over each of the topics one by one and Aja showed us how to do some of the basic stuff and how to create NURB primitives and that is what the first assignment was all about. Remember, I told you that I was so proud of myself for completing my assignment in just 45 minutes. Well, yesterday my pride was smashed to smithereens when I heard that the entire assignment shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes. And to make matters worse, 45 minutes was on my 2nd attempt. The first one had taken me 2 hours... :O Boy, am I slow as a tortoise or what!! But, on the brighter side, Aja marked her seal of approval on my attempt and said that it looked fine. And for my own satisfaction, I did show an improvement in my second attempt and am hoping that I'll continue to see it over the coming weeks. I'll console myself by remembering that slow and steady win the race (Yeah... right!!)

Learning from Aja was so much fun. I believe she was doing this for the first time and except for a couple of hiccups, it went great. I am now looking forward to my next Q&A session with the group and that's scheduled for coming Thursday (tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Dee said...

Hey I thought I was the biggest dork in the session! :D
I didn't even know where to look and my voice was all squeaky...it does feel a little mental sitting there by urself and talkin to the monitor!! ha ha ..hopefully I'll do better next time :)
And just fyi I've finally set up my blog